Outaouais Live! is a 12-part, English-language, arts magazine format series to be filmed at various locations throughout the Outaouais. It will showcase musicians, artists of various practice, galleries, and cultural and performance spaces, all with a somewhat uptown vibe. Produced with the 100 Mile Arts Network.
Débat anglophone des candidats
The Regional Association of West Quebecers (RAWQ) is pleased to invite you to a Candidate’s Debate in English in your respective ridings. All candidates who are registered on the ballots are welcome and each will be given equal time to present their party’s platform to the voters of their respective riding.
The Regional Association of West Quebecers is a community organization serving the 70,000 English-speaking residents in the Outaouais. We provide services to new residents, youth needing employment, French second-language training to adults and Seniors as well as information and referrals to services available in English in the region.
Our desire in this debate of local candidates is to familiarize the community with the policies of the various parties and to inform the parties of the needs and concerns of the English-speaking community in the Outaouais. Our community being a linguistic minority in the province and region is often ignored by the mainstream media and does not have access to all the information our French-speaking neighbours enjoy. As such we view these debates as creating access to information every voter should have to make the best choices for them and their families. The debates will observe the following process:
- The debate moderators will introduce each candidate and each candidate will have two (2) minutes to present their respective platform
- The moderators will ask each candidate their opinion on the following issues:
- Secrétariat aux relations avec les Québecois d’expression anglaise
- English Education and governance by the English-speaking community (ESC)
- Access to Health and Social Services in English
- Employment of the ESC in the public and para-public Civil services
- Access to English services at the municipal level
- The importance of recognizing the necessity for Immigration and Diversity
Question period will be provided for the public
The debates will take place at the following locations, dates and times
Gatineau – Monday, September 17, 2018 – Black Sheep Inn at 5:30pm
753 Chemin Riverside, Wakefield, QC J0X 3G0
Hull – Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Heritage College at 7:00pm
325 Boulevard de la Cité-des-Jeunes, Gatineau, QC J8Y 6T3
Pontiac – Wednesday, September 19, 2018 – Knights of Columbus at 7:00pm
78, rue Principale, Gatineau, QC J9H 3L7